Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Just Chill'n

Henry and I right now are just chill'n on the front porch. If we were to sit inside he would get bored and either try to sit in my lap or start barking at me. I don't have the patience to handle barking tonight. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he's human but then I remember that he has his own spot in my bed, his own seat in the car, and likes to take baths more than any human I know. Yes, he does.


Amber got back from Thailand Friday night. It is soooo nice to have her back. She came over on Sunday to make Thai food. It was good for the most part, but I think next time she should make something a little spicier. I love heat! While in Thailand, she took a Thai cooking class which I'm really impressed with---Not to mention we get to taste her culinary skills!



The biggest news in our life right now is the purchase of a brand NEW lawn mower. Some of you have heard me bitch about our current lawn mower for some time now. When I first started mowing the lawn he owned a piece of shit mower, lacking self propel, and that blew grass in my face and arms when I bagged it. So this fall I officially went on strike. I LOVE to mow but I told Jason that I was not mowing again until he bought me a new mower. So Jason took on the chore and insisted that the mower was just fine (minus the black smoke blowing out of the exhaust and the fact that it died and need restarted ever other round). He mowed throughout the fall and this spring as well.



In early May Jason picked up a "new" mower. Turns out his idea of a 'new' mower is a Snapper built in 1983. Another Turd. God damn piece of shit. On a side note, last fall Jason's idea of a new washing machine was an upgrade from a 1983 Maytag to a 1985 Maytag. God damn piece of shit as well. The washing machine currently refuses to use the spin cycle so I imagine we'll be getting a new washer before too long. Anyway, getting back on track...After arriving home from vacation we came home to find our lawn roughly 1' tall. Jason started the Snapper and it died. Officially. After only one round. Can you say THANK THE LORD???? With no other cheap piece of shit options left, we headed to Ace Hardware and got this new beauty.....





The funny aspect of this story is that Jason spare not a penny for tools or toys that he wants, but when it comes to appliances or items that only I use on a daily basis he is incredible cheap. I guess it's time to go on laundry strike. That might speed up the new washer process a few months!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

LOL!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home