
We arrived home in muggy Lincoln Monday night. It's tough coming from near perfect weather conditions of 75-80 degrees to being bombarded by humidity and bugs. Ugh;(
Before I tell you about our trip, let me begin by telling you about "the fall". We had only been in Napa for two hours, and I hadn't been drinking, when my wedge heel rolled and I fell flat on my face. In the middle of the street. In front of a bus. With my purse contents scattered about. What a way to begin the vacation!
The trip went fabulous! We arrived in Napa on the 19th with our friends Chad, his girlfriend Tasha, Leigh, and Jenny. The first day touring the vineyards was near perfections. Great friends, great vino, and we were escorted around in a limo! No one had to worry about drinking and driving so the entire group was relaxed. Jason and I both learned so much about the history of wine, the wine making process, and we both certainly gained a greater appreciation. Even those of you who don't drink wine would have a good time. There's something for everyone! We even visited Chandon which is a champagnery. I didn't know there was such a place but there's nothing better than bubbles!

I would love to revisit each winery with you but that would take forever so I'll just name my favorites. I loved Andretti's, Luna, and The Franciscan. Jason loved the smaller vineyards in Sonoma named Bella and Preston. Sonoma is not as pretentious as Napa. Much smaller vineyards and lower prices. Most tastings in Napa range between $5 and $15 but in Sonoma most are $5 and the cost is often waived if you purchase wine. Not a bad deal at all! Most wineries in Napa are extravagant with beautiful buildings and have been built within the last 10 years, although there are many of the original wineries still there. Believe it or not, Beringer was one of the prettiest wineries and their prices of wine ranged from $6 per bottle to hundreds of dollars. Large range of quality which surprised me b/c I only think of the typical white zin when I think of Beringer.
Henry actually got to go on vacation too! He spent 10 days at my parents farm. This is a picture of him with his head out of the skylight. He couldn't wait to reach the farm! I thought it was adorable!
We actually flew to
Napa with the intentions of driving back and visiting other fun places. Plus, we wanted to visit my brother and his wife in Denver, not to mention attend Mo and Steve's wedding, so we thought the plan was perfect. Until we saw our rental car..............

Yes folks, your eyes do not deceive you. We drove home, roughly 1500 miles in a PT Loser. Um, I mean PT Cruiser (I honestly have nothing against these fine rides for those of you that own one, but Jason and I have different taste).
Our next stop was Tahoe. When we arrived the temp was 55 degrees and of course we didn't pack any long sleeved shirts or jackets. Big mistake. So instead of spending decent money on something nice, we went the tourist route and purchased a Tahoe sweatshirt and a fleece. When we arrived in Salt Lake City the hotel clerk asked "Where did you guys come from?" We both looked at our undesirable garb and replied "Um, Tahoe!?!?!"
We actually spent some time on the beach and Jason and I took a nap next to a couple of ducks. Aren't they cute?


After Salt Lake, it was off to Denver. Along the way we stopped at a couple of Colorado wineries for a break. The town was really quaint and both Jason and I agreed it was worth visiting again. We were able to spend a few days with my brother and his wife and my sister Julia. We visited an art show in downtown Denver and went to the most fabulous restaurant called Luca. A little pricey but worth every dime. Check it out if you get the chance.
Sunday was Mo's wedding. Beautiful! Period! It was also great seeing old Catastrophe friends, although I didn't get to hang out as long as I would have liked since we had to drive across Denver to get home safe. Speaking of driving, did I mention that I didn't add an additional driver to the rental agreement so I drove the entire way. Yes folks, Jason owes me big time.
Preferably diamonds;)
I actually have lots of funny stories, but they are better told in person. Be sure to ask me about Jessica
Biel, the airplane, and sweet bread.
1 Comments:
Sounds amazing! Wish we could have been there with y'all! :) Please come with us to Mexico in August!
Luv you!
Post a Comment
<< Home