Talk about a coincidence...
I kid you not when I tell you that last Sunday Jason brought home a brand new plasma television and Bose speakers/CD/DVD player. The funny thing is that Jason doesn't even like to watch TV. If we ever argue, it's usually because I'm watching TV when there are productive things to do like weed the garden, mow, or other mundane tasks. So, it truly caught me by surprise but I'm loving it! It's a little big for our living room upstairs, but it will be perfect for the basement once we finish it. With the new mower, washer/dryer, and TV, I'm going to have to find something else to bitch about!
I also forgot to mention that I decided it was time to give back to the community. I do so much for my job, Jason, or myself, that I figured it's time I started getting involved in volunteer work. So, through my wonderful friend Sarah P, I became a member of the Make-A-Wish Foundations Friend's Council. Our role was to plan and coordinate the annual Big Red, Red Tie Event. It's one of Make A Wish's big fund raisers, and Coach Callahan's charity focus. I honestly didn't realize how much time it takes to volunteer, and I have so much more respect for people who not only juggle jobs, but also several philanthropy organizations. At first I felt sorry for myself b/c a lot of women that volunteer are stay at home moms and I didn't think they understood the demands of my job and making all the meetings. However, after spending some time with these ladies I learned that by being a stay at home mom, often means you spend a majority of your time volunteering b/c people are always asking!!! God bless all women!!! The wonderful news is that it's finally over and we raised $12,000 more than last year! It makes me so proud to be a part of something so wonderful! Maybe someday, when Jason and I build in the country and have horses, I'll volunteer riding lessons for children with physical impairments. Believe it or not, but riding a horse is one of the best forms of physical therapy out there...it's just extremely expensive for parents, especially those caring for a child with special needs. It's a nice thought for the future...
Otherwise, we had a nice weekend. Killer came back Friday night, but after drinking too many beers (although I don't think his buck twenty frame can handle much) he spent Saturday in bed. Pretty disappointing, but Jason and I decided to hit the Wilber Czech days with his Uncle Jeff and friend Stacy. Jason, Stacy, Jeff, and I drove Jeff's '53 Ford truck in the parade with "Czech Pride" written on the sides of the doors in strips of duct tape. Being of German decent, I felt uneasy as if I was being disloyal to my heritage, but the parade was a blast and all the drunk Czech loved it!! Speaking of drunk, I have never witnessed so many drunk people in one location in my entire life. Jason also informed me that many Czechs were also Gypsies. Which, after witnessing the crowd of spectators, I did not argue. Although, that would have been good information BEFORE we got married;) Seriously. What did I get myself into? There was also a girl attending the parade that wore the shortest, tightest shorts I have ever seen in my life. They were red and ugly. She must live in a hail prone area b/c there was some major hail damage. Excuse the pun, but it was bad!!!! It must have taken her all morning to get into those shorts. I plan on getting Jason a nice digital camera so soon I'll have good evidence of my experiences, but I assume you have an idea of my horrible and blinding experience;)
I also forgot to mention that I decided it was time to give back to the community. I do so much for my job, Jason, or myself, that I figured it's time I started getting involved in volunteer work. So, through my wonderful friend Sarah P, I became a member of the Make-A-Wish Foundations Friend's Council. Our role was to plan and coordinate the annual Big Red, Red Tie Event. It's one of Make A Wish's big fund raisers, and Coach Callahan's charity focus. I honestly didn't realize how much time it takes to volunteer, and I have so much more respect for people who not only juggle jobs, but also several philanthropy organizations. At first I felt sorry for myself b/c a lot of women that volunteer are stay at home moms and I didn't think they understood the demands of my job and making all the meetings. However, after spending some time with these ladies I learned that by being a stay at home mom, often means you spend a majority of your time volunteering b/c people are always asking!!! God bless all women!!! The wonderful news is that it's finally over and we raised $12,000 more than last year! It makes me so proud to be a part of something so wonderful! Maybe someday, when Jason and I build in the country and have horses, I'll volunteer riding lessons for children with physical impairments. Believe it or not, but riding a horse is one of the best forms of physical therapy out there...it's just extremely expensive for parents, especially those caring for a child with special needs. It's a nice thought for the future...
Otherwise, we had a nice weekend. Killer came back Friday night, but after drinking too many beers (although I don't think his buck twenty frame can handle much) he spent Saturday in bed. Pretty disappointing, but Jason and I decided to hit the Wilber Czech days with his Uncle Jeff and friend Stacy. Jason, Stacy, Jeff, and I drove Jeff's '53 Ford truck in the parade with "Czech Pride" written on the sides of the doors in strips of duct tape. Being of German decent, I felt uneasy as if I was being disloyal to my heritage, but the parade was a blast and all the drunk Czech loved it!! Speaking of drunk, I have never witnessed so many drunk people in one location in my entire life. Jason also informed me that many Czechs were also Gypsies. Which, after witnessing the crowd of spectators, I did not argue. Although, that would have been good information BEFORE we got married;) Seriously. What did I get myself into? There was also a girl attending the parade that wore the shortest, tightest shorts I have ever seen in my life. They were red and ugly. She must live in a hail prone area b/c there was some major hail damage. Excuse the pun, but it was bad!!!! It must have taken her all morning to get into those shorts. I plan on getting Jason a nice digital camera so soon I'll have good evidence of my experiences, but I assume you have an idea of my horrible and blinding experience;)

2 Comments:
We are leaving on the 23rd or some date close to that! Why? You wanna come???
Oh I wish! Jason mentioned last week that we need to take a tropical vacation soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home