Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Nursing Nazis

So I sought help from the experts. I went to the Nazis. They told me that I should tell Porter "Mommy will feed you whenever you are hungry" and that I should not give him a bottle. They told me that he would understand what I was telling him.


Right.


He's 12 weeks old.


And he doesn't speak yet.


I gave him a bottle at the very next strike. I got a life too ya know. I don't have time for this crap. If the kid wants a bottle, frankly, he's going to get a bottle.
I also saw another baby at Porter's weigh-in. I asked the woman how much her baby weighed. "13lb 1oz she said". Hmmm...Porter weighed 12lb 10oz. I asked her how old her baby was. "7 weeks she said". Crap. Porter's getting his 12 week ass kicked by a 7 week old. Things need to change and fast.


But then I looked at him.....


And I'm pretty sure he smiled and said "Mommy, it's ok. Sometimes I just like to do what I want. But I can because I'm cute."

2 Comments:

Blogger Momma said...

hahaha at least he TAKES a bottle. It would be much more difficult the other way around! Unless, of course, you want to breastfeed until he is 2. That would be neato.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Momma said...

ok crap. This is Jessica, not Caren and Art. I am obviously on my mothers computer!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home