Sunday, March 16, 2008

Introducing Porter....

Ahh...It's been a long last five days but definitely some of the best days of our lives (Excuse the soap opera pun:). Porter Richard Woita officially joined the world at 11:39pm March 11th, 2008. He weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Oh yeah, his head was 14.24"---Um, mom wasn't thrilled about that measurement. After getting induced at 10am, it certainly made for a long day for mommy and daddy but he was well worth the wait!

He was born with his cord wrapped around his neck and he was blue all over so the nurses quickly rushed him away to get him oxygen and make sure he was ok. It was a bit scary for Jason and I because we didn't expect his arrival to be so traumatic but an hour later, after all the tests, oxygen, and checks, we finally go to meet the little guy. It was crazy how alert he was at only an hour old! He certainly recognized mommy and daddy's voices. It was adorable when Jason started talking and he turned his head looking for his daddy. Oh so sweet! Here's one of his first pictures..We were supposed to be released from the hospital on Thursday, but turns out Porter developed a bad case of jaundice and we weren't able to take him home until Saturday around noon. Turns out the trauma from delivery, along with DAT (something about our bloods types not jivving--I'm O+ and he's A-), caused his bad case of jaundice. So, I was released on Thursday but he had to stay an extra two days under overhead lights and closely monitored to try to get his biliruben levels down. It was REALLY hard for us b/c I had to go back and forth between home and the hospital every 2-3 hours to feed him. Actually, it was EXHAUSTING. So it's nice to finally be home and be able to get more than three hours of sleep a day. Here's a picture of him with the overhead lights. It's his first official tanning booth session!

Porter is quite the ladies man. The nurses all ohhhed and ahhhed over him in the nursery and they were actually sad to see him go home (although they were happy he was getting better). I felt bad for the other babies in the continual care nursery b/c he seemed to get a little more attention. It's funny how at only a few days old he has quite the personality.
We finally were released yesterday, but we still had to have Home Health come and set us up with lights for him at home too. The nurse stopped by and drew his blood this morning and his biliruben is still high so it looks like we will have at least 24 more hours of treatment. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can finally be done by Tuesday. We're ready to be done with all the machines.
But all in all we're doing really well and we can't wait for everyone to meet him. He's just the cutest little guy and has the sweetest personality. It's amazing how much we love the little guy and he's only 5 days old! I just want to stare at him and cuddle with him all day long. Actually, I do;) Oh, and Henry and Porter officially met this morning and Henry is doing AWESOME! He is so concerned when he starts to cry--It's adorable. Hopefully he keeps it up and stays this way. Anyway, here are a few more pictures taken over the last few days....

All dressed and ready for the ride home. Turns out size 0-3 is a still a little too big.

Car ride home. Jason played Springstein's My Hometown for him. It was actually quite the moment for us....I have to admit we both got a little misty eyed!

Dad and Porter posing for the camera! Happy to FINALLY be home!


Aunt Amber....The girls are already fighting over who will be his favorite aunt;) Can I say he is already so SPOILED? Ridiculous!




Grandma and Grandpa Woita! So happy to welcome their first grandbaby BOY!

Grandpa Porter...Super excited to finally have a grandson!


Grandma Porter...Can't get enough of the little sweetie and even more excited to be a grandma!

Great-Grandma Marybelle...I think she already given the little guy somewhere around 5-6 gifts! She's so cute! Seems that she finds something new for him everytime she steps out of the house;)


I had to take a photo of the surprise I had waiting for me at home. Check out Jason's creative wrapping job. Yes, he actually did this all by himself. He got me a case of wine to help get me "back on the wagon". After going so long without any wine, it's going to be tough to be able to handle even a glass or two. I had two sips the other night and felt a little woozy. Throughout the pregnancy we've been picking up a nice bottle here, and a nice bottle there, for our wine cellar. We officially have 38 nice bottles and they keep adding up! So stop by and we'll have to cork one open! Anyway, I thought it was super sweet and I'm so happy to have such a kind, loving, and caring husband. I don't think I could have picked a better man if I tried.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

So excited for y'all! Welcome home little baby Porter!

:)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read & reread your entry 3 times now...I'm so happy for you guys and sad cause I can't be there :( It definitely brings back memories from a year ago...Enjoy every single second.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you both. I would have the second the comment about "enjoy every moment" with your new addition to the family - because they do grow up so fast. I can't believe Creighton will soon be 5 months old! When you have the time please update the blog again, I love reading both yours and Jess's when I can.

Take care & best wishes,
Kelcie

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home