Workouts are a drag...
I finally bit the bullet and joined Prairie Life tonight. It's the best workout facility in Lincoln and I've been too cheap to join until now. Back in college I joined b/c I saw a huge "Summer Special" sign outside and I almost choked when they told me the summer special was $180 for 90 days. What the? So I worked out about 4 hours a day because if I didn't I wasted $2 each day. Needless to say I was in the best shape of my life.
I've known for awhile that I need to get back into the work-out routine. Of course I love to walk long distances, but that isn't going to shed the 15lbs I need to lose. The irony is I've belonged to Gold's on the North side of town for the last 5 years and I rarely go b/c it's out of the way and kind of trashy. So I waste $30 a month for nothing. BUT YET I'm too cheap to join a place I'll actually enjoy. Hmmm....I'm confused with myself.
So, I went. It was Ok. It was a workout you know. After seeing so many old friends from college, I decided I needed to lose weight before I go to the gym. Does that make sense? To sum it up for you, I don't want people to see me that knew me when I was skinny to see me and think "She's gained weight" b/c we all know that's what people think when they see someone they haven't seen for awhile that's gained weight. OK. So the plan is to not eat so I will be skinny when I go to the gym to workout and lose weight. Life is really hard. But I'm actually motivated right now so I'm going to go with it.
I'm hungry. Later.
I've known for awhile that I need to get back into the work-out routine. Of course I love to walk long distances, but that isn't going to shed the 15lbs I need to lose. The irony is I've belonged to Gold's on the North side of town for the last 5 years and I rarely go b/c it's out of the way and kind of trashy. So I waste $30 a month for nothing. BUT YET I'm too cheap to join a place I'll actually enjoy. Hmmm....I'm confused with myself.
So, I went. It was Ok. It was a workout you know. After seeing so many old friends from college, I decided I needed to lose weight before I go to the gym. Does that make sense? To sum it up for you, I don't want people to see me that knew me when I was skinny to see me and think "She's gained weight" b/c we all know that's what people think when they see someone they haven't seen for awhile that's gained weight. OK. So the plan is to not eat so I will be skinny when I go to the gym to workout and lose weight. Life is really hard. But I'm actually motivated right now so I'm going to go with it.
I'm hungry. Later.

1 Comments:
You make me laugh!!
Post a Comment
<< Home